VMware Networking Community
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

HCX service mesh

Hello experts,

While deploying the Networking profile in HCX, do I need to configure separate profiles for my Network type or HCX traffic type?

9990374530_0-1681829800158.png

On which parameters it depends, that how many service mesh, Network container and network extension device per network container we need to choose under standard port group?

9990374530_1-1681829842441.png

Are there any prerequisites that we can validate in an environment before deploying HCX?

Regards

PK

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi

it is not mandatory to create separate network profiles, you can have one network profile which will be allowed to send all traffic.

Separating network profile s advised as good practice.

Network extension on HCX supports vDS only, vSS is not supported.

there can be one IX appliance per service mesh. To saturate the network bandwidth, you have SM per cluster. This will allow to have more IX.

Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the response.

So, may be for Management and Uplink we can create a separate NP and another for vMotion?

Network containers are referred as TZ here, right?

How about vSphere replication, do I need to select this option as we are not using DR via HCX. I mean is it always recommended to enable DR service in compute profile?

As far as I know, it is always good to opt for HCX Mobility Optimized Networking if we are extending the networks?

Regards

PK

0 Kudos