VMware Networking Community
haozch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HCX destination "unable to create Network Profile"

hi, guys,

I install HCX in source and destination site. There is no NSX in source site. In destination, there is NSX-T 2.5.

After I create site pairs, I plan to create Network Profile in destination site, but I can't create Network Profile, the screenshot told me "unable to create Network Profile". So I re-install HCX in destination site, the issue is same. I don't know how to resolve the problem.

note: I can create Network Profile in source site.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
dmeyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have the exact same error.

0 Kudos
AmzSannegowda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

Did you find answer for the query? Am currently facing this issue.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You said that you were trying to create a Network Profile that points to the destination NSX-T but on the picture you are selection Standard Switch.

Have you tried configuring the same but with Logical Switches?

0 Kudos
AmzSannegowda
Contributor
Contributor

But In my case am trying to configure using DvSwitch. but get same error. What network configuration is mandatory at destination site?

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I got what you are saying. But what i read on the original post is that you have NSX-T on the Destination Site so why are you trying to configure a Network Profile pointing to a vDS on destination?

0 Kudos
AmzSannegowda
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure abt your confusion, But original post is not mine.

0 Kudos
dmeyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did get this resolved.  I don't know how your environment is setup, but In mine I have two workload domains.  My first is a Mgmt cluster which contains both vCenters for each workload domain along with nsx managers, loginsight, etc... The second workload domain is where all my guest VMs will run and also NSX-T is configured on this cluster.  I was trying to create the network profile on Center 1 which part of my mgmt workload domain and doesn't have NSX deployed.   So In my case I configured HCX to point at vCenter 2 and when I created the network profile it didn't error out because vCenter 2 has NSX.

0 Kudos
dmeyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The network profile is easy to get confused by.  You are not creating a network profile as the destination for your guest virtual machines, you are creating your network profile for the deployment services of HCX.  It's looking for either a standard switch, vDS or NSX depending on where your management and vMotion networks are created. The destination HCX site has to be deployed on the workload domain that has NSX configured on it is the only requirement.

0 Kudos
haozch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have not resolved the issue yet. I don't know what is a reason

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Haozch,

Honestly is a weird issue. Have you checked the logs? What do they say?

I encourage you to open a VMware Support Ticket if it is urgent.

0 Kudos
dmeyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you explain the destination side configuration a little more?  Is this VxRail with VCF?  Do you have multiple workload domains? 

0 Kudos