VMware Communities
mickeycee
Contributor
Contributor

When is Fusion player available for new M1 Macbook pro

When will the Fusion player for M1 mac be available for download as I am using 12.2 on my old macbook pro but have upgraded to the new M1 chip

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Download the Tech Preview from the parent area to where you created this thread.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Fusion-for-Apple-Silicon-Tech/ct-p/3022

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@mickeycee Also note that your old Intel based VMs will not and will never run on your M1 Mac. You’ll need to build new VMs with arm64 architecture operating systems.

• Arm64 Linux distributions will run - you’ll have the best luck with those noted in the guide
  • Windows 11 on ARM Insider Preview will work but is unsupported and no VMware Tools (because Microsoft doesn’t sell or support Windows on M1). Lots of info in this board about getting it running. 
  • no MacOS VMs of any version will run. 

Suggest you review the Tech Preview testing guide that has important info about using the release. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos