VMware Communities
diegoa_m
Contributor
Contributor

Mac Mini M1

Hello everyone,

i`m trying the new fusion for Mac M1 and i`m having a problem: when importing an existing VM from the helper i`m getting a message like this "Probe execution failed: The helper process could not be started"

After getting this message i'm not able to go on. does anyone had the same issue?

Thank you

Diego

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Fusion Tech Preview has a dedicated area in VMTN, a moderator should move your thread there now I've reported it.

What is the existing VM? What did you import it from? And how?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

If your existing VM is for an intel mac, then there is no way to get it to run on an ARM based machine.  You'll need to build a new VM with an ARM (not intel) OS.

0 Kudos
diegoa_m
Contributor
Contributor

thank you both for the replies. In a first attempt i was trying to import a VM from my macbook and i got the error that was allerting me about the different types of processor so i decided to download a new .ovf, a dedicated ARM one, from a couple of productor site and this time i got a different error, the one that i mentioned in the first post. does these error messages indicates the same issue?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Pretty sure the current Fusion for ARM Tech Preview doesn't support importing OVFs at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

That's correct, import not supported. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos