VMware Communities
Ziperix
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion on m1 suddenly crashing

Was working fine for days but today I've tried to start a vm and got -14 error Pipe connection broken, I've attached a log file.

7 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

You might also want to collect additional diagnostic information from Fusion to pass along to the developers:

In the Fusion menu bar click Help > Collect Support Information

Also, have you tried rebooting your Mac?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
Ziperix
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I've tried rebooting and reinstalling vmware, the same thing is happening. "Collect Support Information" file is too large to upload here (146mb limit as its 400mb) so i uploaded it here: https://easyupload.io/d6kdom

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Very strange that it worked for a while and all of a sudden doesn't...

This may be a dumb question, can you think of anything that changed on your system between when it was last working and now when it isn't? New software installed? Updates? Very strange that it worked for a while and all of a sudden doesn't...

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
Ziperix
Contributor
Contributor

No updates, still on the same version. I haven't used vmware for few days and today I wanted to install Linux on it and this error happend, no idea why, what's even more strange is that reinstall doesn't fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Ziperix
Contributor
Contributor

Just realised that i did disable SIP yesterday, I've now enabled it and vmware works fine however I need it to stay disabled, is there any reason for vmware to not work with SIP disabled and is there any way around it?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I'm glad you found what changed and you got Fusion working. My guess is that a SIP-disabled configuration is probably one that VMware did not plan for or endorses. 

Curious, why the need to disable SIP? (unless of course you're developing driver code which would explain why...)

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

I know Monterey now disables features (like apple pay) if you disable SIP.  Maybe this is related?

0 Kudos