VMware Communities
stimw
Contributor
Contributor

Could not connect 'Ethernet0' to virtual network '/dev/vmnet8'

When I set the network to "NAT", the error came out, but it's ok when I use "Bridged":

Could not connect 'Ethernet0' to virtual network '/dev/vmnet8'

Environment:

• Mac mini M1
  • Big sur 11.6
  • VMware Fusion Public Tech Preview 21H1

find some people have same problem like:

Fusion 12.1 under macOS Big Sur has lost network connectivity (Could not connect 'Ethernet0') 

vmware 11.53 on 10.13 - Could -big not connect "'Ethernet0'" to virtual network '/dev/vmnet8'.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hm... Can you trigger the error, gather logs (help > collect support information) and post them so we can investigate?

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
stimw
Contributor
Contributor

@Mikero 

I reinstalled the fusion, and get same error. I'm not sure which log is helpful since so many logs in support information collection.

Maybe these two are helpful.

0 Kudos
stimw
Contributor
Contributor

@Mikero 

I think it is reproducible...reinstall fusion and restart the mac doesn't help

0 Kudos
stimw
Contributor
Contributor

any news?

0 Kudos
AJBDTI
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this? It affects both Intel and Apple Silicon macs, even on clean installs of macOS 11.6. Going back to older versions of macOS still works, but it seems all VMware Fusion networking (NAT, bridged, etc) is broken on 11.6 hosts, even with the latest update to Fusion 12.2

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Well, the preview is only for M1 Macs, and there's no windows support, so what guest OS are you trying to do it with?

0 Kudos
AJBDTI
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, we're virtualizing MacOS on MacOS, but we should likely try to open a case, as the issue is not just with tech preview, but also retail version of Fusion on the latest update.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Well, since there is no support for virtualizing macos on macos in the technical preview (it simply won't work at all - it's for the M1 only, and you can't virtualize any MacOS on an M1), I'm confused as to how you know there's a networking problem?

0 Kudos
stimw
Contributor
Contributor

Debian 11 arm

0 Kudos