VMware Communities
MJLindsey
Contributor
Contributor

XX Evaluation Days Left

I just got into the Tech Preview for M1 Macs with the arrival of my new laptop.  I came from an Intel Mac with Fusion Player Free version.  I thought the Tech Preview was a non timed version.  Can anyone point me in the direction of where to register for a license key for the Tech Preview until a full M1 version of Fusion is released.

7 Replies
todivefor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Go to VMware Fusion Player – Personal Use License and apply.

Macbook Air M1, Ventura 13.5, Fusion Player 2023 TP
0 Kudos
MJLindsey
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Fusion Player Personal Use key for Intel Mac.  I do not see a way to get one for an M1 version.  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
todivefor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just got that message today also. I used my intel personal use key.

Macbook Air M1, Ventura 13.5, Fusion Player 2023 TP
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you used your personal license, that sort of pushes you into the 'GA' branch for updates, which have now started shipping ARM updates as well as x86.  (it is still not formally supported however, this is just sort of staging to make sure everything is working as expected now that we have multiple arch's to handle.). Stuff might break or behave in weird ways.

That said, if you don't have a Pro license, you can just update to the latest version of the TP which has a new key in it that extends the trial period by quite a bit (and gives the Pro features instead of just the Player features).

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
MJLindsey
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason my current Personal Use key would not work on the Tech Preview.  I did create another account for another personal use key and that worked perfectly.

Thanks all for the assistance.

0 Kudos
gustopher1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Mikero,

My Fusion TP states that I have 0 evaluation days left. I have tried deleting everything in Library/Preferences/VM Ware and redownloading the application from a new DMG after clearing the trash of my old version, but the new TP still states that I have 0 evaluation days remaining. Would you please advise on how to resolve this and get a working version of VM Ware TP?

Thanks!

Gus

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

@gustopher1 wrote:

Hi @Mikero,

My Fusion TP states that I have 0 evaluation days left. I have tried deleting everything in Library/Preferences/VM Ware and redownloading the application from a new DMG after clearing the trash of my old version, but the new TP still states that I have 0 evaluation days remaining. Would you please advise on how to resolve this and get a working version of VM Ware TP?

Thanks!

Gus

There is no new Tech Preview - the product has been released back in November.  You must upgrade to the released Fusion 13.

0 Kudos