VMware Communities
ReinaldoA1
Contributor
Contributor

Wrong dates in Excel files

Hi everyone!

Apart from from getting a bit slow sometimes, the only real problem I'm facing with my Win11/ARM VM is Excel saving files with dates from year "2076" instead of 2022. I have no dates problem with files generated by other applications and even Excel files created by other apps. Office applications like Powerpoint, Access and Word also save files flawlessly. Unfortunately the latest release earlier this week (19431034) did not solve this issue as well. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reinaldo A (Mac mini M1, 2020 - 8Gb RAM - 512 Gb SSD)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

I suspect that's a Win 11/Excel issue.  Since there's no shared folders, there's no VMWare involvement in saving files.  As long as the clock is right, that's the extent of the Fusion integration with the guest at the moment.

0 Kudos
ReinaldoA1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @ColoradoMarmot 

I guess you're right, but since I need to use Excel quite a lot in my projects, it's the only annoying bug in Win11onARM/VMTP for me. Everything else is running well, as long as you're OK connecting to your VM through RDP. 

Best

0 Kudos
ReinaldoA1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just to share that I found this weekend the wrong dates in Excel is a bug from Remote Desktop Connection APP for macOS when using redirected folders. The evidence came first by identifying this issue when working with a PPT file with a PC running natively Windows 10 and later by confirming on the Web that lots of people suffers from the same. On this PC, I could manage to map network drives using SMB and stop using redirected folders in RDP connection. Back to my Win11onARM on VMTP, I guess the solution is the same, but the challenge now is how to make the VM recognize the network environment and map macOS folders within Windows 11 without any vm-tools-installed. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Unfortunately there isn't one via Fusion.  You could always share the windows folder via windows sharing and attach to that drive from the mac.

0 Kudos