JohnPhillips1
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 11 store missing

Jump to solution

Is anyone else missing the Windows/Microsoft store after installing Windows 11 on the Fusion technical preview for Apple Silicon.  Any way to get the store to appear/load?  I installed following the guide for the VHDX files.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Technogeezer
Champion
Champion

This has been a problem from day 1 of using Windows 11 on the Tech Preview. The only way I've gotten the Microsoft store to appear is during the initial setup I chose to set up from an existing Windows machine, and not as a brand new machine. I happen to have a correctly licensed and activated Windows 10 PC that had already been set up, so I chose that one to restore from. I was then able to install the store via "wsreset.exe -i"

I'm not sure if this is a Fusion problem or a Microsoft problem (dealing with a Windows installation that's not activated or running on an unsupported configuration),

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Technogeezer
Champion
Champion

This has been a problem from day 1 of using Windows 11 on the Tech Preview. The only way I've gotten the Microsoft store to appear is during the initial setup I chose to set up from an existing Windows machine, and not as a brand new machine. I happen to have a correctly licensed and activated Windows 10 PC that had already been set up, so I chose that one to restore from. I was then able to install the store via "wsreset.exe -i"

I'm not sure if this is a Fusion problem or a Microsoft problem (dealing with a Windows installation that's not activated or running on an unsupported configuration),

JohnPhillips1
Contributor
Contributor

Very interesting.  Running that command wsreset.exe -i worked !  I now have the microsoft store.

Technogeezer
Champion
Champion

Whew. Glad they've improved on what I'd seen and that you got it working.

I do think I saw that Microsoft didn't automatically install the store in the Insider Preview.

0 Kudos
Dariusaurius
Contributor
Contributor

Can confirm, this works for Win11 ARM as well! Thanks

0 Kudos
pskn
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, this work on win11 arm

0 Kudos
LVGandhi
Contributor
Contributor

For me wreset -I did not work when I tried in powershell terminal, but worked in Windows terminal.

Mine is MBA M1 2020. I could install win10 and install win11.

0 Kudos
bigbigj
Contributor
Contributor

so nice, it works

0 Kudos