VMware Communities
guido4096
Contributor
Contributor

VMware fusion running Windows 10 crashes after mac sleeps

The topic described here is also occuring in this tech preview. 

What can be done to fix this? Should I provide some log file? Or some other action? This is limiting the usability of the product. The answer to not let you mac go the sleep, or to suspend the VM before it goes to sleep, really isn't a solution. Really, it isn't.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sleep-wake bugs are hard, I'll say that much.

Ideally we'd like to get a full log bundle by going to Help > Collect Support Information.

It should be taken immediately after the crash.

The log bundle ends up being big (system.log is enormous these days), so you'll have to dropbox it or something.

If you prefer, you can DM me a link to it, or share it with fusion-beta@vmware.com 

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
guido4096
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Michael. I'm creating the log now and will share the link once it is done. 

To be accurate on the behavior:

1. I just woke up my Mac
  2. The VM is no longer responsive
    1. If I woud then press "suspend" for the VM, very often it would succeed to still suspend. After which I do "resume" and the VM is back working. Sometimes though VMware can not suspend and I have to do a hard quit.
    2. To me, it looks like it is "just" the graphics that crashed, but not sure

The Mac went to sleep somewhere this morning, around 9:00 am. And only now I was able to get back to my machine, I hope the log will still give you enough information. 

P.S. the problem happens with many OS's:

• Windows 10 32 bit
  • windows 10 64 bit
  • Windows 11 64 bit
  • Ubuntu 64 bit 

0 Kudos
guido4096
Contributor
Contributor

The Data Collection doesn't seem to work. For 12 hours now, it is showing "Please wait while VMware Fusion collects the necessary support information" ...

0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos