VMware Communities
tipa1488ameriko
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion Public Tech Preview 22H2 Embedded license expired on installation

Just registered for a public preview and downloaded it, but the license is expired already during installation. 
Getting a free license key requires company information and a phone, which I don't have, as an individual.

What should I do?

tipa1488ameriko_0-1684236463529.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Correct - the tech preview ended when the Fusion 13 product went Generally Available, last Fall of 2022.  Obtain the release version of Fusion 13.

0 Kudos
tipa1488ameriko
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you 

Could you please explain how can I get free home-use version of the software?
https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal-13 Sends me to fill in company information and then there is only a "Start free trial" button on the "Accept End-User License Agreement" page 😞

tipa1488ameriko_1-1684239152440.png

tipa1488ameriko_0-1684239119009.png

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

It is a bit nonsensical to ask for this information for a personal use license. But they do  

Fill in the information requested with anything. I used things like “none” (it doesn’t have to be real). It’s not verified.

And then check the box to accept VMware terms and click on the button for Start Free Trial. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
tipa1488ameriko
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your clarification. It is indeed strange to ask for such information while providing personal use license

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks to me like a standard form that is used for other things too, nothing more sinister than that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos