VMware Communities
bugaboosoftware
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to download "VMware Fusion Public Tech Preview 21H1"

I purchased VMware Fusion 12 Pro with ESD Production Support for the Mac to run on an M1 MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey 12.3.1 only to find that VMware Fusion does NOT run on a non-Intel based computer! I was pointed to a “VMware Fusion Public Tech Preview 21H1” for Apple silicon at the following URL https://customerconnect.vmware.com/downloads/get-download?downloadGroup=FUS-PUBTP-2021H1

Unfortunately when I navigate to that webpage, I get the following error message:

A technical issue was encountered during review of your download request.
Contact us if the issue persist. Quote Message ID 621.3X and provide email you used when registering.

I am logged in with the account I used to make my purchase. Note that the "Contact us" link on that page is formatted incorrectly (really?) but even so, I have been unable to navigate the support options to get to a human (are there any of those left?) to actually report this error. I did find my way to a "Support Request History" page but of course there isn't a way to actually create a new support request.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Which browser are you using?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
bugaboosoftware
Contributor
Contributor

Safari 15.4

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Use a clean browser, with no adblock or cookie blocking plugins.  I'd suggest Firefox

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sometimes VMware Customer Connect is wonky... I've discussed with the team, but there never seems to be any motivation do to anything about it.

Anyway, here's the direct link that bypasses all of that:

https://download3.vmware.com/software/fusion/file/VMware-Fusion-e.x.p-19431034_arm64.dmg 

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
bugaboosoftware
Contributor
Contributor

I had blockers disabled in Safari - oh well. I tried the direct link in Firefox and that worked fine. I also tried navigating to the preview download page in Firefox and was able to download the other two files. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Yeah, I like Safari for browsing because of how locked down it is, but it breaks on pages with intrusive trackers like this one.  Tradeoffs 🙂

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Funny, I have had zero issues downloading the TP using Safari.

Now trying to edit my posts in Safari is a hit-and-miss proposition. Firefox, Chrome, and MS Edge work every time. But Safari will most often just sit there doing nothing if I ask it to edit one of my posts.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos