VMware Communities
ChickenFish123
Contributor
Contributor

Stuck on "Let's connect to a network" setup page windows 11

Hi,

I was able to correctly get the windows 11 iso using uupbump and correctly input into VMware fusion. However, when going through the steps, I was stuck on the "let's connect to a network" page" because I am unable to see any network connections.

I was able to open terminal and input the commands as suggested in one of the forums to gain network connections but it didn't have any effect. These commands that I tried are below:

- bcdedit /debug on 

- bcdedit /dbgoptions net hostip:10.0.0.1 port:55555

Can anyone help into getting network connection?

Cheers

0 Kudos
16 Replies
viking1304
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need to choose "I don't have internet" on that screen and to create your account.

0 Kudos
MJG7
Contributor
Contributor

sorry for the inconvenience, I also tried to install windows 11 on the virtual machine but it tells me that drivers are missing .. how did you do?

0 Kudos
RizzleDizzle
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone help , my vm won't show me the possibility to install VMware tools or to connect to the internet?

0 Kudos
viking1304
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@RizzleDizzle wrote:

Can someone help , my vm won't show me the possibility to install VMware tools or to connect to the internet?

I really would not like to sound rude, but have you at least try to search the answer first? We already discussed everything about Windows (which is not supported, so there is no tools)...

Read the release notes and testing guide first and check other threads. Everything is written many times already.

ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Thank you for posting that before I did 😎

0 Kudos
KennyDeng
Contributor
Contributor

You should install an older version of Windows 11, because the version you have installed have no button of "I don't have internet".

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

And there's a whole section and procedure on installing from an ISO in the document Tips/Techniques/Gotchas for the Tech Preview that consolidates the answers in the forum. Unless they've changed something within the last month or so, that procedure should work and give you networking.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

The latest builds no longer let you bypass the setup prompt by unplugging the network - it's required to even install the machine.  Really customer hostile move IMHO.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Wow, that is kind of an unfriendly move. 

Which build from uupdump.net has this issue. I'd like to see if the existing procedure I put in the Tips/Techniques document is still applicable.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

0 Kudos
mjpieters
Contributor
Contributor

On more recent Windows 11 Insider builds (starting with 22557) you have to open the console to bypass the 'no network' section.

I got everything working by first running the bcdedit commands, then, when you reach the 'network required' screen, open the console again and execute:

oobe\BypassNRO.cmd

This updates the registry to disable the requirement for a network connection at this point, and restarts the machine. Then, when it comes back up again, the network magically works and installation completes.

There is more information in an enlightening post on a different user forum.

sxhxncz
Contributor
Contributor

Open cmd (shift + f10).

Type this command,

oobe\bypassnro

It will reboot, then you can continue without internet.

xuhao
Contributor
Contributor

That's great, the command fixed the issue, it give me the "I don't have network" option after reboot.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

There’s no need to disable the network (that is unless you really want to).

Follow the Windows 11 installation procedure in the Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple Silicon Companion to install the VMware tools network driver early in the setup process. If you follow that, your Windows 11 install will not complain about not finding a network.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
santiagotri
Contributor
Contributor

@sxhxncz  

Works like a charm! Thanks!

0 Kudos
CamCodes
Contributor
Contributor