VMware Communities
AlexBonev
Contributor
Contributor

Share clipboard - Mac M2 not working

Hello guys,

I'am new here. Before 1 week, I change my windows notebook with a MacBook Pro M2, but I need for some windows applications, so i try to install virtual machine with windows 11. Everything with installation is ok, but a problem is that i cant copy and paste between mac and windows. Do you have a solutions for that problem because i find some articles in internet they claim that the copy and drag drop commands work.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

The Internet is wrong on claiming copy and drag work on Windows 11 ARM in the Fusion Tech Preview. 

The Tech Preview Testing Guide https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Fusion-22H2-Tech-Preview/Fusion-22H2-Tech-Preview-Testing-Guide/ta... states

• Host-Guest integration features (i.e. Drag-drop, HGFS/Shared Folders, copy-paste between Host and Guest, VM window autofit resolution, Unity) are not present in Windows on Arm VMs at this time.

There’s no workaround that will get it to work. We’re hoping that this is addressed when the next version of Fusion that officially supports Apple Silicon is released by VMware later this year. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
AlexBonev
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Technogeezer,

Thanks for your response. 

I found a solution that working for me. Just a trick to workaround the problem is to activate Remote Desktop Services for Windows 11 ARM VM (VM Network Adapter set to Bridge Mode), and then with Microsoft Remote Desktop App {free in AppStore} has no problem to share clipboard. 

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, you are correct that an RDP session will provide a workaround. . Forgot about that one since VMware provided their Graphics driver in the latest tech preview. . Just note that it won’t work for Windows 11 Home as that edition doesn’t allow enabling RDP sessions.

Thanks for the reminder. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos