VMware Communities
DTWConsulting
Contributor
Contributor

Internet not working in Win 11

I actually had this working although it seems that the VPN software I use for work on my Mac, would stop Microsoft Remote Desktop connecting when it was running, so I had to ensure I started the VM, started MRD and then the VPN.  This was getting tedious though so I wanted to try and see if I could get the VM to use the 192.168.0.x ip range, which is what my router provides instead of the 172.16.3.128 IP address that the VM was connecting too..  Long story short, I botched up my internet connectivity now on the VM and it simply won't connect 😞 Not sure what I have done.

Really hoping that someone can help me to resolve this issue as I'd rather not have to go through deleting the VM and going through the whole install process again.

Here is what I can tell you.  When I boot into the VM I notice that the Ethernet (Kernel Debugger) network connection is disabled.  I cannot enable it.  If I run network troubleshooting it states the following:

"There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet (Kernel Debugger) adapter.". The problem cannot be fixed.

I have tried setting the network config to "Share with my Mac" and "Bridged Networking" but all to no avail 😞

I am at a loss and could really do with some suggestions on how to fix this issue.  I have also removed and re-added the network device under the VM Settings, but same issue persists.

If I need to provide any additional information to help troubleshoot this issue then please let me know.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Windows 11 is not supported on M1 machines, and networking is somewhat flaky.  While you might be able to troubleshoot it, it's probably going to be faster to rebuild or restore from backup.

0 Kudos
DTWConsulting
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  It was working, so even though it might be flaky, it can work.  I'm hoping that there is someone out there who can help me get this working again.

0 Kudos