VMware Communities
Mudit123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Internet not Coming in my windows 11 Vm

I just done all the setup of the windows 11 and when I entered the desktop screen of windows I saw no internet connection also when going to wifi I see no internet connections available. Maybe I think it is because of the lines I typed in terminal to pass through the wifi section at the time of setup but I am not sure. Please Help to get me internet in my vm

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mudit123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks For All of your answers , I have Solved the problem , I forget to install the VMware tools After installing the tools and running the PowerShell script in my windows it is now working perfectly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

First, are you using the latest tech preview?  It doesn't auto-update.

Second, did you follow all the instructions in the unofficial guide as well as the official one? 

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I assume you're talking about Windows 11 ARM on the Tech Preview running on an Apple Silicon Mac?

What version of the Tech Preview are you running?

Please post a copy of the virtual machine's .vmx file to a reply to this thread so we can verify that the VM was created correctly.

What terminal commands are you using and where did you get them? If they involve using 'bcdedit" to enable kernel debugging, those won't work with the new Tech Preview. The old tech preview created a VM with a virtual Intel e1000e network adapter that Windows didn't have a regular driver for. The only way to get networking in those older Tech Preview releases was to enable Windows kernel debugging.

The new Tech Preview creates a virtual machine with a VMware vmxnet3 virtual network. This adapter requires that you use the instructions in either the Tech Preview 22H2 Testing Guide or the unofficial Tips and Techniques guide to install a driver for this virtual adapter. Enabling the Windows kernel debugging won't work for the current Tech Preview because the Windows kernel debug adapter is an Intel network adapter, not a vmxnet3 one.

After installation, a reboot should configure the networking.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
Mudit123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I installed VMware-Fusion-e.x.p-20486664_universal.dmg which I downloaded from https://customerconnect.vmware.com/downloads/get-download?downloadGroup=FUS-PUBTP-22H2

I just type one command in the terminal to resolve the wifi setup issue at the time of setup ( I got the command in community section of VMware itself ) : oobe\bypassnro 

Besides it, I didn't type any other command in the terminal. It will be very nice of you if you will help me to resolve the issue.

Also for more further info I should tell that no Wifi Networks are showing when I go to the wifi in settings.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

There are no wifi networks in the guest.  It's an ethernet connection.

Follow the steps in the unofficial guide and the preview guide and it should work just fine.

Mudit123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks For All of your answers , I have Solved the problem , I forget to install the VMware tools After installing the tools and running the PowerShell script in my windows it is now working perfectly

0 Kudos
ebouqui
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What is the command you ran? Where can I find more information about the PowerShell Script?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It’s in the Fusion 13 documentation. Or consult the Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple  Silicon Companion Guide https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Documents/The-Unofficial-Fusion-13-for-Apple-Silicon...

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos