VMware Communities
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fusion Tech Preview and Testing Guide has been updated - Sept 2022

Just wanted to let folks know that we did a small update to the Tech Preview to address some bugs here and there.

Most notable is that the vTPM does not need Rosetta, it is now 100% native arm64 when running on Apple Silicon.

Testing Guide has been updated as well to reflect that Ubuntu 22.04.1 and 22.10 are now both working!

3D support isn't there yet (but 2D is) until they close out this bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/1989830 

And likewise with Debian, tho it ships with 5.19 in Bookworm now, they also need to resolve the same bug in their build process.

New build number is 20486664, and you can find it in the same place (sorry, auto-updates weren't in scope, we hadn't planned on so many updates to the TP!): https://customerconnect.vmware.com/downloads/get-download?downloadGroup=FUS-PUBTP-22H2 

As always, we welcome your feedback!

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
Labels (3)
4 Replies
guesswhoo
Contributor
Contributor

can you keep working? because

0 Kudos
LVGandhi
Contributor
Contributor

I am running 20191287 FTP. Can it be updated? If so how? 

Or I have to remove old and install this new one?

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

As Mike posted, download and install the new one over it.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@guesswhoo wrote:

can you keep working? because

@Mikero  indicated on Twitter recently that the latest daily build of Ubuntu 22.10 now has 3d support out of the box, which says to me that Ubuntu has finally included the fix he referenced above. I’ve tried this myself and can verify that 3d support is now working.

Indications are that this is the last update to the Tech Preview that we’re going to see before the official release. If you are seeing things in the Tech Preview that need to be fixed (and aren’t noted in the Testing Guide) either note them here in this forum or better yet send them via email to fusion-beta@vmware.com

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos