VMware Communities
hsingh0531
Contributor
Contributor

Fresh Windows 11 ARM VM on M2 Mac, Computer Management not opening due to administrator blocking?

I tried opening Computer Management to install drivers for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver in order to connect my iPhone XR to 3UTools but I haven't been able to get past this error.

hsingh0531_0-1667842112530.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

What Windows 11 ARM build are you using?

You should not need to go to Computer Management to install the required driver.

I just installed 3UTools v2.63 to a Windows 11 ARM 22H2 VM (build 22621.755). Once installed, I launched 3UTools, and it asked if I would allow an unsigned app to make changes to the OS. I accepted. 

3UTools recognized that I did not have the Apple Mobile Device USB driver installed, and offered to install it for me.

Technogeezer_0-1667844612163.png

I accepted installing the driver, and a download of iTunes was started, and Bonjour and the AppleMobileDeviceSupport packages were installed.

When I plugged in my iPhone, Fusion displayed the "where to connect" menu. I selected Windows.

3uTools found the iPhone.

Alternatively, you can install iTunes (which contains the driver) from the Microsoft Store before installing 3uTools.. Not knowing what version of the driver 3uTools is looking to install or where it's getting the installer from, I'd choose this method so that I'm assured of where the driver came from and it's the latest available version.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos