Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Finally VMware Fusion 13 is HERE!!!

0 Kudos
20 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Dude, you can link to other posts all you want, but according to the download pages, Fusion 13 and Workstation 17 are NOT available to download yet!  So if you are getting it from somewhere, it is NOT official and therefore a hacked/pirated version!

0 Kudos
SnakeDrum
Contributor
Contributor

Not only that, but if it was available, it would be listed in the update repository.

Latest is still 12.2.4.

0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It was available when I reported it. Now only shows in Google cache, so it should be available again at any moment.

0 Kudos
SnakeDrum
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if it will have an 'easy install' for Windows 11 ARM?

What are the changes from the TP?

Parallels does...

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I would be surprised if there is an "easy install" for Windows 11 like Parallels. It wasn't present in the Tech Previews. Never say never, but VMware typically has not provided downloadable versions of operating systems that you can use to instantiate a virtual machine from within the product.

Not saying that what Parallels does isn't convenient, especially since Microsoft does not directly offer a Windows 11 ARM ISO for download.  I'm leery of any distribution of an operating system that I do not obtain directly from the publisher. Sorry, it's the security training talking. You may feel differently, of course.

We won't know what the changes are from the TP until release, unfortunately. VMware doesn't typically comment on things like that. That's why it's surprising to me that @Mikero has divulged as much as he has about the upcoming versions of desktop virtualization products.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

I'm not sure how parallels is doing it legally in any case.  Agree completely on wanting my own media - while convenient, they also make a lot of decisions for you during the install that I don't agree with.

Hopefully we'll have answers later today or tomorrow 🙂

0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check out my above link (VMware Fusion 13 is HERE!!!), because there is a livestream on Friday, 18th November 2022. WOW!!!

0 Kudos
sjordi
Contributor
Contributor

Just upgraded and was able to download the new version!!!

0 Kudos
LVGandhi
Contributor
Contributor

Any one running windows 11 on VMWare Fusion13?

Can we just upgrade from 22H2 preview to Fusion 13?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Yes. Just download Fusion 13, install it and provide a new license. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
romnem007
Contributor
Contributor

Shared folders cannot be enabled.

The video driver needs to be updated.

0 Kudos
za4
Contributor
Contributor

still no multi Display Support in my ubuntu installation... it just clones the output. the x86 version of fusion was able to do this. parallel does it perfect.

if this wont work soon I will have to go to parallels

0 Kudos
sjordi
Contributor
Contributor

@LVGandhi wrote:

Any one running windows 11 on VMWare Fusion13?

Can we just upgrade from 22H2 preview to Fusion 13?

Yes no problem. but on an Mac Intel, not an M1

0 Kudos
LVGandhi
Contributor
Contributor

Is VMware fusion 13 not free for normal user?

0 Kudos
LVGandhi
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is MBA 2020 with M1. How should I proceed?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@LVGandhi Yes Fusion 13 is free for personal use but you must register for the free personal use license like you had to for Fusion 12. Be aware that people are having difficulties with obtaining the personal use license from VMware’s customer connect site. 

I have upgraded to fusion 13 from the 22H2 Tech Preview on both M1 and Intel Macs. Just download and run the Fusion 13 installer. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
sjordi
Contributor
Contributor

@LVGandhi wrote:

Mine is MBA 2020 with M1. How should I proceed?

Then you need the ARM version of Windows 11, don't recall what's the name.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

see the preview guide and unofficial guide here in the TP forum for instructions on getting Windows 11 for ARM

0 Kudos
LVGandhi
Contributor
Contributor

yes. There is problem in customer connect. From India pin code is not accepted. Hence could not proceed further.

0 Kudos