VMware Communities
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Don't get any internet connection in my VM

Hi,
I'm trying to get internet connection to my VM but I'm failing don't know why.

I have the network set to "Share with my Mac" but my guess is that VMWare Fusion need some kind of "Privacy and Security" approval but I can't find what it need.

IT engineer that works with the hole VMWare portfolio and also loves to develop and automate in C# and PowerShell
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zclee001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

While Win11 ask for internet connection , press Shift-F10 (or Fn-Shift-F10) open command prompt,

then input: OOBE\BYPASSNRO

After press return Win11 will reboot and have a "In donb't have Internet..." link near the "Next" button.

Just click it then you can install Win11 without network.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
higarg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please let us know if you are trying this on Apple M1 or x86 machine? Also can you please check if vmtools are installed for the VM.

Please Note- For Apple M1 machines you need to install vmtools for Network and Display drivers.  
Click on Virtual Machine > Install VMware Tools. Tools Iso will be mounted and then follow README from mounted logical drive.

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

I find that occasionally, often when resuming from a suspend, that the networking doesn't want to work.

A quick and easy workaround I've used is just to disconnect and reconnect the Network Adapter. 

@higarg I don't have a bug filed on this one yet, but if you could help when you get a chance that would be super 😃

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Is this a newly built VM or one where you had the debug adapter workaround enabled?  I couldn't get my old one with that setting to work, so just built a new VM - works fine.

0 Kudos
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I’m using M1 Pro ( apple silicon )

it’s hard to install VMware tools before you even have a OS installed.

I did download the win11 latest vhdx from MS and converted it to the proper format everything works fine until the setup stops as it don’t have any internet.

IT engineer that works with the hole VMWare portfolio and also loves to develop and automate in C# and PowerShell
0 Kudos
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It was the win11 preview that I did download from MS konverted it to work with VMware then it halts during config (windows first boot) as it don’t have any internet

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Two thoughts

Use the procedure in the Tech Preview Testing guide to disable network checking. 

or

Right after first boot of the converted VHDX drop into a power shell prompt (F10), install tools via command line, and then reboot. You should have a network and the setup should continue. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
zclee001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

While Win11 ask for internet connection , press Shift-F10 (or Fn-Shift-F10) open command prompt,

then input: OOBE\BYPASSNRO

After press return Win11 will reboot and have a "In donb't have Internet..." link near the "Next" button.

Just click it then you can install Win11 without network.

khewdev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I think this is not working anymore on Player Version e.x.p (20486664)

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@khewdev What isn't working any more? The disabling of the OOBE networking checks is a commonly suggested workaround for installing Windows 11 22H2 when no network is present (regardless of whether you have a physical or virtual machine).

If you do have a network connection and you are disabling OOBE\BYPASSNRO to get Windows to a point where you can install VMware Tools, then check out the alternate procedures in the unofficial Tips and Techniques guide. THose procedures install the drivers earlier in the setup process so you don't have to disable networking and the setup will find that you have a network connection.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
Dhannu57
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have followed your steps and start VM windows 11.

But my VM was no internet access and no network adapters.

I have tried everything as per my knowledge but failed .

Please assist

0 Kudos
Dhannu57
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have followed your steps and start VM windows 11.

But my VM was no internet access and no network adapters.

I have tried everything as per my knowledge but failed .

Please assist

0 Kudos
StfChamber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have applied all these steps on my website to solve this issue. But still exist.

Stfchamber.com

0 Kudos