VMware Communities
junv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Clone function missing

Build Number: 19431034

After using Fusion for a while, the application prompted me for license key and had the following options to use the Personal use version or purchase the Pro. I selected the Personal user version, and noticed that I no longer have the clone function. 

Since I am on a tech preview, if purchase a license for Fusion 12 would this be enabled on the tech preview version? Also, are there other alternatives of cloning from the command line without purchasing the license? 

Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ozsmacd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe this is by design, cloning is a pro feature, no longer part of the now re-branded VMware Fusion Player product (that has a free option for personal use, and is also paid for professional/commercial).

This thread might be of interest, it suggests that a un-install (manual process) and re-install is one approach that you can take, I can’t remember if it prompted personally.

I might have to do the same thing, so let us know how you get on.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Fusion-for-Apple-Silicon-Tech/Is-Fusion-12-Pro-for-Apple-silicon-a...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ozsmacd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe this is by design, cloning is a pro feature, no longer part of the now re-branded VMware Fusion Player product (that has a free option for personal use, and is also paid for professional/commercial).

This thread might be of interest, it suggests that a un-install (manual process) and re-install is one approach that you can take, I can’t remember if it prompted personally.

I might have to do the same thing, so let us know how you get on.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Fusion-for-Apple-Silicon-Tech/Is-Fusion-12-Pro-for-Apple-silicon-a...
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

The preview comes with a pro key, so definitely need to update to the new release.

junv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It worked! Uninstallation and deletion of the associated files/directories then reinstallation did the trick. 

Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos