VMware Communities
tallLeRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check for Updates, Error 'Product not found'

Installed on a M1 Mac mini, I have a personal license installed. 

When I check for updates, the error dialog appears and says 'Product not found'.

On my Mac, I installed VMWare for all users.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

The 'Check For Updates' feature does not work on Tech Preview builds at this time.

The latest build number is 20191287

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
tallLeRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Mikero,

I will monitor this community for updates. 

0 Kudos
iFrog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is also happening on the official release of 13.0.  I usually run a check for updates after purchasing an upgrade to make sure it's up to date.

0 Kudos
joshiga
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On official build of Fusion 13.0 (#20802013) You can check now, it should be fixed. 

Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Just tried it on Fusion 13 running on macOS 13/Mac mini M1 combination. Says "no update available", which is what I expected. 

@iFrog I'd try that check again. It's conceivable that all the back-end resources that they use to provide the check weren't available immediately after release.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

I'd just download the bits directly.  It has a different click-through license than the TP, so that's probably why.

iFrog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes it's working here just fine.  It was fixed for me within a couple hours.  I didn't know anyone had responded as I didn't receive any kind of notifications for replies to the thread.  Either way all is well, so thanks again.

0 Kudos