VMware Communities
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Windows 11 BSOD

Can anyone check this log ?

I am running VMWare Fusion Tech Preview 2023 on Macbook AIr (M1),  and the only software i have installed ion OpenVPN 2.59. (due to issues with latest versions)

All was fine, till few moments ago i booted up with a boot loop.. (Attempting to repair), and then "Couldn't repair"

I shut down perfectly fine last night, and the only thing i did was attempt to start VM this morning. and then this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

From what I see out of the log you posted, the VM is requesting a hard reset of the CPU - probably coinciding with the messages about not being able to repair.

The best approach I can think of right off the top of my head is treat this like this happened on a physical system since it doesn't seem that Fusion isn't showing any errors that would immediately point a finger in its general direction.

What build of Windows 11 ARM are you using?

Have you tried booting from a Windows installation ISO and attempting repair from there?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

From what I see out of the log you posted, the VM is requesting a hard reset of the CPU - probably coinciding with the messages about not being able to repair.

The best approach I can think of right off the top of my head is treat this like this happened on a physical system since it doesn't seem that Fusion isn't showing any errors that would immediately point a finger in its general direction.

What build of Windows 11 ARM are you using?

Have you tried booting from a Windows installation ISO and attempting repair from there?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'm running  22H2 (OS build 22621.1555). Troubleshooting with Microsoft.

0 Kudos
amka_xrs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, I am having the exact same problem but when i tried to boot from the iso i got the message "This PC can't run Windows 11". What do I do? 

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@amka_xrs it is strange that the message occurs when booting from the installation ISO after successful installation of a VM. That message usually occurs when your system doesn’t meet Windows 11 prerequisites. Could you post the vmware.log file of the VM (found in the VM’s bundle)? 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
amka_xrs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I needed it up and running as soon as possible for class so I reinstalled the tech preview again and created a new virtual machine (the files inside were already in my Google Drive) so the log files were lost. For now everything is working fine.

0 Kudos