VMware Communities
yfx01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Use the mouse to adjust the remote desktop connection in the virtual machine, virtual machin crash

Virtual machine system Windows 11 22H2. I use Microsoft's remote desktop connection in the Windows virtual machine to connect to the remote machine. When I adjust the size of the remote desktop window with the mouse, the Windows virtual machine crashes. Every time I operate the virtual machine like this, it will crash.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

By “the virtual machine crashes”, do you mean that the VM blue-screens, or is Fusion itself crashing? 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
yfx01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I adjust the size of the remote desktop window in the four corners of the remote desktop connection window, the window virtual machine will crash the blue screen.

0 Kudos
patrickc
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for the report. We were able to reproduce this internally and have a bug filed.

0 Kudos
AveCezar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

similar problem. MacOS Sonoma - after one of the last updates (about since 2 weeks):

Once VM Fusion running, I immediately switch into MS RDP (I need copy/paste between windows: it works fine in RDP not in VMWare, I also need intelligent cards get passed to Windows: in RDP works automatically, in VMware I have to check in options every time). When I shut down Windows after work from MS Rdp, then I switch to VMware for a while only to quit, every time it goes BSOD for a couple of secs then also shuts down. 

0 Kudos