VMware Global Community
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem View Security server WAN

Hi All,

Since 2 days, i'm not able anymore to connect to my view plateform from WAN.

It used to works but it doesn't works anymore. We haven't change nothing (maybe we do but not in appearance).

The strange thing is that using the WAN DNS name from inside everything works. but if we used that from outside it doesn't works.

I reboot the security server and the connection server, the gateway, the AD. we still encounter the same problem.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

what is the error message you're getting?

0 Kudos
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using the browser :

Erreur 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED) : Le serveur a refusé la connexion.

It really looks like a port forwarding problem but it's strange all of my other redirections works.

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

do you have any proxy settings on the browser? i would suggest turning that off ..

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

How many security servers do you have ?

View release ?

Loadblancing ? what kind ?

Operating system ?

Protocol ?

From outside if you try to ping the hostname, is it the right IP that respond ?

Eric

MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Again,

Thanks for your answers,

-No proxy on the network and/or on my web browser

-Only one security server

-View 4.6 with composer

-No loadbalancing

-Windows server 2008 R2 x64

-Both, PCoIP & RDP

-Yes, I can pig the hostname from outside and it's the good IP who answer but i'm not able to make a telnet on the security port from outside to the broker.

The strange thing is if I use the same DNS name (relative to my WAN IP), the same port from inside it work's perfectly even for the telnet.

But as soon as i'm outside doesn't work anymore that's why i suggest a port forwarding problem but my gateway is well configured (same configuration as 3 days ago when everything was working ) and all my other port forwarding works (website, intranet, ISA server etc etc.)

0 Kudos
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any idea ?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

Yes really look like a port forwarding issue, I'm really surprising that it works from inside using WAN IP, that doesn't make sens.

Eric

MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All,

Thanks for your answers, it was like I/you suggest a forwarding port problem. In fact the gateway "crash" and is not available to forward correctly some ports.

Changing the security server port solve this problem.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

0 Kudos