VMware Global Community
yquelennec
Contributor
Contributor

Backup EXEC 2010 serveur

Bonjour

Je rencontre des problèmes de fonctionnement de Backup Exec 2010 serveur installé dans une vm windows 2003 serveur.

Le périphérique de sauvegarde est une librairie IBM TS2900 qui elle est bien reconnue au niveau de l'ESX 4.1 et de la VM.Lorsque j'essaye de lancer

des actions de base : inventaire, sauvegarde de fichiers locaux , aucune ne réussit.Je recherche des retours d'expériences sur

ce genre d'environnements pour obtenir des infos sur la procédure d'installation et une démarche pour diagnostiquer les problème

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
FranckRookie
Leadership
Leadership

Bonjour,

Peux-tu nous montrer les messages ou codes d'erreurs que tu as pour essayer de voir d'où vient ton problème? A priori, si ta librairie est bien vue par ta VM, je dirais que ça vient plutôt du driver dans Windows ou bien de Backup Exec... As-tu fait un essai avec NT-Backup?

Courage!

A+

Franck

0 Kudos
superawy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yquelennec,

I have the same problem with the same environment(ESX 4.1 - VM w2k3stdx32 -BE21\0 - TS2900).

Have you solved the issue?

If yes, please let me know how you have fixed the problem.

Tomorrow morning will try to upgrade the firmware of the HBA SAS.

Thank you and regards.

superawy

0 Kudos
yquelennec
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Superaway

My problem is not solved yet, the symantec support is involvded in to try to give me a solution.

After more two weeks and many tries the symantec support has failed and now the second level

is involved in this case.

Unfortunately i don't have a solution to give you , i already check the point of firmware of the sas card

with IBM Support and i have the last firmware installed.

If you have any advice or idea i will glad to test it .

By my side i 'm waiting a call by the symantec support ad i'll give you any information interesting

to solve this problem.

Bests Regards

0 Kudos
superawy
Contributor
Contributor

Dear yquelennec,

I solved the problem using PCI Passtroght for the SAS HBA.

Now I'm able to use the autoloader (TS2900) via VM and SBE2010.

I think that the issues are related to the invalid SCSI commands sent to library trought ESX.

Thank you for you collaboration.

Best regards.

superawy

0 Kudos
yquelennec
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Superawy

I'm very glad for you !!! i think you are a little bit relax now.

Can you confirm me that you change this parameter in the bios configuration of the sas card ?

Thanks for your reply

Best Regards

0 Kudos
superawy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yquelennec,

sorry I'm late.

I did not change any paramiter on BIOS of SAS HBA.

I've configurated the SAS HBA in order to use it as mapped directly to the VM.

Please take a look here: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101078... .

Thanks and regards.

superawy.

0 Kudos
yquelennec
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Superawy

Thanks to you my problem has been solved too.

After the setup of the pass-through PCI in the configuration of the ESX, BACKUP EXEC can manage in a good way the

ibm library TS2900.For information to add a pci device in a vm , the vm have too be in version 7.

Thanks a lot, see you soon for another problem in a vmware environment.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
superawy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yquelennec,

It's my pleasure to read your reply!

I'm very happy for you.

Best regards, and see you soon.

superawy

0 Kudos