Franky_1969
Contributor
Contributor

unexpected error "Type mismatch" in Capacity Planner

Hi all,

i have the following errors in my Capacity Planner installation:

09/12/2008 15:59:07:2:2952: Performance: Collecting performance for system 'PHEVOS:43'

09/12/2008 15:59:08:0:2956: ERROR: An unexpected error occurred! Module = vcpSysPerf Function = CollectSystemPerformance: Source = vcpSysPerf Error = Type mismatch(13:0:1000013)

I am extremely interrested in a solution, because I left a non functional installation at my customer!

Here my experiences:

  • After a complete new installation of the capacity planner, the same problem occur.

  • When you start the performance collection manualy, it works.

  • When you delete the mailfunctioning scheduled jobs and create them new, you can start them manualy with Options->Jos->Run Now, that also works.

  • When the jobs are started by the scheduler, the "type mismatch" error occur.

If anybody has a hint, please tell me, it's realy urgent!

Thanks

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SrTim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Which job(s) are doing this? Just the performance job or the data synchronization as well? Does this do this on one host or all hosts that it tries to collect information on?

0 Kudos
Franky_1969
Contributor
Contributor

Hello SrTim,

both jobs and each host is affected.

But I found the reason and a solution for my problem.

The "type mismatch" error is caused by the remote configuration of the dashboard. I assume, that the dashboard tries to configure the Data Manager, but that fails and the result is a bad/not configured scheduled task.

With the following lines the desaster starts:

09/15/2008 12:50:13:1:1320: DataSync: Started Remote Configuration Job Task ID=226

09/15/2008 12:52:23:0:1320: Remote-Config.SendToDashboard: Send Data Failed with Error Number = 12002 and Error Description = The request has timed out.

09/15/2008 12:52:23:1:1320: DataSync: Finished Remote Configuration Job Task ID=226

After that error, each try to configure the scheduler is responded by an error:

09/15/2008 12:59:06:0:3948: ERROR: An unexpected error occurred! Module = VMware Capacity Planner Data Manager Function = GetJobTaskSetting (219:PerfForceRedisc.4B3E73D6-0FD6-3240-97EF-CF4C01A74730|219) Source = vcpDataMgr Error = Subscript out of range(9:0:1000009)

09/15/2008 13:00:28:0:3948: ERROR: An unexpected error occurred! Module = VMware Capacity Planner Data Manager Function = GetJobTaskSetting (219:PerfForceRedisc.6AE0265D-6BC9-9B4F-95D0-CE2FD7D66B4C|219) Source = vcpDataMgr Error = Subscript out of range(9:0:1000009)

09/15/2008 13:01:22:0:3948: ERROR: An unexpected error occurred! Module = VMware Capacity Planner Data Manager Function = AdjustSettings Source = vcpDataSync Error = Application-defined or object-defined error(440:0:1000095)

If the scheduler starts the jobs the "type mismatch" error occur.

Solution:

I have disabled the remote configuration option.

recreate the schedule tasks.

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos