VMware Cloud Community
wb2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sysprep tools

I've spent the last half hour looking for the sysprep tool but can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've usually used newsid but have decided to switch back to the MS supported sysprep.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
13 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello. Can you provide a bit more detail?

What VMware product(s) are you using?

What Microsoft guest operating systems are you working with?

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
wb2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm setting up a windows 2003 r2 sp2 ent ed template. But for now I don't want to use Vcenter's built in template system. I just want to copy the sysprep tools to the desktop so I can sysprep it manually. I'm using ESXi with Vcenter, Infrastructure Ent Ed, etc.

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I've downloaded all sysprep files for all operating systems, zipped it and see if it allow me to upload here 7mb file. I forgot the link but will fine it later.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It's too big doesn't allow me to upload 7mb of file for all OSes, but you can download it here.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
wb2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Awesome. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

please consider awarding points by marking answers as "correct" or "helpful"

0 Kudos
wb2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There you go.

BTW, what exactly to the points do on this forum?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

it's just another way to say thank you.

0 Kudos
wb2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I imagine the sysprep utility is still called sysprep.exe right? I downloaded the files but I don't see a sysprep.exe file in the cab I extracted. Is it inside another compacted file?

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I suppose that's being motivated for support and being ranked among others.

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

the files are in the deploy.cab.

0 Kudos
wb2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sorry, thanks, i missed that part originally. I've found it now.

0 Kudos