VMware Cloud Community
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

netapp FAS and partition allignment - how to do with linux?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to check within linux VM if VMDK disk is properly alligned following netapp best practicies? They show how to check it for Windows, but not for linux Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance for your help

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You can try this procedure on page #3 at or read more about Netapp FAS best practices at

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You can try this procedure on page #3 at or read more about Netapp FAS best practices at

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

that's it - I missed this vmware document. thx

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos