VMware Cloud Community
PoorPrince
Contributor
Contributor

help required for data center setup

hi

we are planning a new IT setup and my client need 99.9 present down time due to hardware failure. please suggest me how its possible using vmware network infrastructure. what i want is that i need a vmware product through which i used all my servers as logically one machine and then host multiple vm machines on it so if any physical server goes down. my vm machines should run continuously like in clustering environment. please advise me what applications should used and how. thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You should take a look at vSphere - utiliing ESX or ESXi 4.0 servers as the virtualization platform, vCenter 4.0 to manage and VMWare HA to handle the restart of the virtual machines in the evnt of harware failure - and if their are virtual machines that can not tolerate any down time you should look at VMWare Fault Tolerance which will provide continous up time

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos