VMware Cloud Community
wli2k2
Contributor
Contributor

VMware software purchase

We are trying to purchase software to start our migration to virtualization. We asked a vendor for a quote on it and they forwarded the following:

VMEP-BASE-VMware Infrastructure Acceleration Kit for 8 processors (Includes VI Enterprise for 8 Processors, 1 VirtualCenter Management Server)

Anyone can offer any insights as to what this package contains? I know that it probably contains ESX server and be able to install it on a 8 Processors box or 2 Quad Core CPUs and the VirtualCenter Management Server software but does it contain other software as well?

Is there a page on VMware's site that would contain the info?

thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

With an Enterprise licence you got everithing of the Virtual Infrastructure Suite like converter, update manager, vMotion, HA, DRS...........

Refer to this table

Draconis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In addition to jf, you should take a look at chapter 3 (). This will explain how licensing is determined and the possible deployments for your company. I believe Table 3-1 will be a good thing to look at.

If you have found my answer helpful or correct, please award points.

If you have found my answer helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

What is your goal and how your ESX farm looks like (using SAN, local disk, using HA, DRS, VMotion etc..) how many servers and do you required 99.999% redundancy, than looking into details of licensing options more precisely. In generaly, you can get a startup Foundation kit which includes 3 ESX hosts, 1 VC server with general features mentioned which is at a good price comparing buying seperate components.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos