VMware Cloud Community
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

VMotion vs V-Motion commercial?

This caught my attention while working from home one day. While working, I had the TV on in the background and suddenly a commercial mentioned "VMotion" .... wait can this be, is our economy that bad that VMware needs a commercials? VMotion practically sells itself right, as I turned my head to see what the fuss was about, I see some kids playing with this toy and it was a commercial from V-Tech. It made me laugh, thinking silly it can't be VMware VMotion, well they were actually referring to this product:

Wondering if anyone of you has also noticed this TV commercial, if not, it was pretty funny and thought I share it with the community. That sure made my day, if not a good laugh

Edit: Here's a the video that I found on youtube V-Motion Commercial

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Yeah I was waiting for someone to mention this.. I see this infomercial at night, but it's for kids.. no relation.

I don't think there will be a legal battle for the name.

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yea, that actually crossed my mind, if there would be be a battle over the name. There is a dash in their variation of "V-Motion". I know there was a major fit over "iPhone" and who actually owned/registered it

0 Kudos