VMware Cloud Community
Flyinraptor
Contributor
Contributor

VCB 1.1 + Netbackup 6.5.1 - Status code 71

I have VCB installed on a Netbackup 6.5.1 Master/media server. Running VCB from a script outside of Netbackup is working - but have been unable to get it working from with Netbackup. The backup job fails with "none of the files in the list exist ... status 71". The VM snapshots are not being mounted. Has anyone been able to get past this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
coldaddy
Contributor
Contributor

Have you been able to use vcbmounter to "manually" create a VM backup? The following command should work to test this (run from the VCB server).

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework\vcbMounter.exe" -h <VC Server> -u <User> -p <password> -a ipaddr:<VM Name or IP> -r c:\mnt\<VM Name or IP> -t fullvm -m san -M1 -L6

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Flyinraptor
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Steve,

Yes - I can mount the vm's (both file and vmdk's) via script (outside of Netbackup) with no problem - I've also been able to sucessfully launch a Netbackup job to backup the vm's from the same script. I wanted to see if I could get it working entirely from within Netbackup - thinking it might be easier to manage in the long run.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos