VMware Cloud Community
Lofty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Transferring Data Collecter data with no Internet Connectivity

Hey all,

Need to run a Capacity Analysis but the Data Collector cannot be connected to the Internet.

Does anyone know if it is possible to upload the info captured by the Data Collector to the dashboard by any other means other than a direct Internet connection?

Page 10 in CP_Tech_FAQ document () refers to email, FTP and even CD, but can't see a way to do it.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Lofty PS. If you found my response helpful, think about awarding some points.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Yes there is - you will need to remove the collected data from the collectors and manually upload them from a machine that has internet connectivity -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Lofty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So just copy all the csv files in the 'output' directory across to a data collector connected to the Internet (and thus registered with the dashboard) and this will solve the problem?

Thanks Lofty PS. If you found my response helpful, think about awarding some points.
0 Kudos
aleph0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

hello,

in attachment you can find one of the possible scenarios for uploading your Capacity planne collecte stats.

The green flashes could be a "copy" command or an "ftp" command (both scheduled or manual)...

the copy or ftp commands should put all the "outboxes" folder of the slave datacollectors to the outbox folder of master data collector.

hope to help

\aleph0

(in italian)

###############

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

\aleph0 ____________________________ http://virtualaleph.blogspot.com/ ############### If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
Lofty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for this.

I will definitely give it a try.

0 Kudos