VMware Cloud Community
vmwareluverz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Successful VMware SRM & View case studies?

does anyone know where to read some success stories for SRM & View implementations? If not, do you have a success stories for one of the solution in production? Please specify your environment below.

1. SRM or View implementation?

2. Number of hosts?

3. Storage vendor/types?

4. Replication DR solution?

5. what are the best practices you've used to successfully implemented your solution?

6. what are you problems that you've encountered and want to share so anyone can avoid for future deployment?

7. what do you use for networking for DR site (stretched VLAN or Re-IP)

8. what are your recommendations to someone looking to implement same solutions?

please share your solutions so someone can determine success rate analysis. thank you enjoy holiday everyone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Each of my clients have different storage solutions and the best one I've worked with is using VMware View 3.0.1 Composer/Linked Clone features and utilize with NetApp NFS solutions with volume snapshot feature, Rapid Clone Utility 2.0 and SMVI to rapidly clone and provisioned massive desktop images so nicely. But if you want to know real world solutions, check out vmware and Netapp websites there are some good case studies to read. Otherwise, someone will fill in their environment and solutions accordingly.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aleph0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

hi

go to www.vmworld.com and register: there is a paper on this if I remember

hope this helps

regards

\aleph0

(in italian)

###############

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

\aleph0 ____________________________ http://virtualaleph.blogspot.com/ ############### If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
cjt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you want vendor specific whitepapers, best practice, implementation guides, reference architectures and case studies around View + SRM, your preferred vendor(s) will have these.

Chris Troiani Technology Consultant, EMC VMware Affinity Team
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Each of my clients have different storage solutions and the best one I've worked with is using VMware View 3.0.1 Composer/Linked Clone features and utilize with NetApp NFS solutions with volume snapshot feature, Rapid Clone Utility 2.0 and SMVI to rapidly clone and provisioned massive desktop images so nicely. But if you want to know real world solutions, check out vmware and Netapp websites there are some good case studies to read. Otherwise, someone will fill in their environment and solutions accordingly.

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos