VMware Cloud Community
Collin09
Contributor
Contributor

Set up a VM Server and storage

I have been playing with ESXv4 for quite sometime now and I want to expand my VM Server setup. What would be an ideal setup for 2 VM Host server and one storage? I want to setup a disaster recovery setup between VM server. What will be the specification of host server and storage i will need?

We do not have a whole lot of budget but I'd like to present to my management a cost effective setup of VMWare.

Your input or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Collin M.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
amvmware
Expert
Expert

How many VM's will be on the solution.

What features are you looking to deploy - if cost is an issue then you need to look at the vsphere essentials and +, this will also limit you as certain features and functionality is only available with more expensive editions.

Is this a test or live environment and what sort of budget are you looking at.

Don't forget to leave points for helpful/correct posts.

krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It depends on this, what you want to do with it, aND HOW MANY MONEY YOU ARE ABLE TO SPENT ON THIS PROJECT:

Give SOME INFORMATION PLEASE.

Thx!

'

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
Collin09
Contributor
Contributor

How many VM's will be on the solution. (2 VM server = for now)

What features are you looking to deploy - if cost is an issue then you need to look at the vsphere essentials and +, this will also limit you as certain features and functionality is only available with more expensive editions. ( I dont want to present something big for the budget but a starting point and expandible.)

Is this a test or live environment and what sort of budget are you looking at. (going to use for live environement)

0 Kudos
Collin09
Contributor
Contributor

I have a small emvironment with 12 physical server. I want to start with 2 VM server and a shared storage for both server for redundant set up. I want to see what will be an ideal setup with cost effective.

0 Kudos