VMware Cloud Community
StageCoach20111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sample Infrastructure Design Template

I'm looking to get a sample design document.  The Cloud Infrastructure Architecture Case Study by Duncan Epping is a great start but for a real design you need a lot more details.  I'm looking to get an example document of real design that includes everything at the physical, network and virtualization layers and everything in the environment that you need to think of.  Not a VCDX design document from someone else.  Just something like Duncan's case study that fills in the rest of the kind of things you need to have.

Also, it would be great to get some completed Visio diagrams from the different parts of the enviornment (storage, networking, compute layers) that you could take and customize.

Is there a standard VMware document like the case study that fills in all the blanks?  It can be fictional I just want to get an idea of what a completed design looks at from every angle.

Thanks.

2 Replies
ives
Contributor
Contributor

StageCoach201110141‌, I'm curious where you ended up with this.

I've been trying to collect some general networking best practices for public, private, and hybrid deployment in a multi-datacenter and multi-region environment.

I was hoping to see how other large companies deal with things like management / control / security subnets when dealing with both on-premise and in-the-cloud deployments.

A reference architecture for scalability would be a huge help to the IT community.

AlbertWT
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

StageCoach201110141‌ and ives‌ yes please, let us know here what did you guys end up with ?

I'm also curious to know.

/* Please feel free to provide any comments or input you may have. */
0 Kudos