VMware Cloud Community
Ivolux
Contributor
Contributor

Point me in right direction re Cloud

Hi.

I`m currently in a process of setting up a virtual machine on Azure. But I need some advice on any VMWARE products I might need to archive what I`m after.

My business idea:

1. I have created software that runs in windows

2. I have created Virtual machine in Azure and placed my software on it.

3. I then need to give my customers remote access to my virtual machine to access my software. (users virtual machine must be always ON for my software to work)

4. I need to manage my customers usage on my virtual machine (suspend, kick out, don't allow downloads or uploads from browser ect) to protect my virtual machine resources and my software.

5. I need to easy create new users for my virtual machine with predifined user desktops.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ivo

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Texiwill
Leadership
Leadership

Hello,

This discussion was moved to Enterprise Strategy and Planning as this is more a planning/strategy question than something about VMware Tools, etc. Nor is the question VMware specific. However, there is a VMware specific answer. Use VMware vRealize Orchestrator to control Azure. I also believe vReallize Automation will also work. Automation will be king for these types of things, I personally have used Jenkins with various scripts and plugins to control my hybrid cloud environment. However, be aware that you have to create fresh in Azure.

Edward L. Haletky

VMware Communities User Moderator, VMware vExpert 2009-2015

Author of the books 'VMWare ESX and ESXi in the Enterprise: Planning Deployment Virtualization Servers', Copyright 2011 Pearson Education. 'VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing the Virtual Environment', Copyright 2009 Pearson Education.

Virtualization and Cloud Security Analyst: The Virtualization Practice, LLC -- vSphere Upgrade Saga -- Virtualization Security Round Table Podcast

--
Edward L. Haletky
vExpert XIV: 2009-2023,
VMTN Community Moderator
vSphere Upgrade Saga: https://www.astroarch.com/blogs
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Texiwill
0 Kudos