VMware Cloud Community
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Netapp ESX host utilities - any issues?

Hi,

I would like to install this tool on my ESX hosts, but I would like to ask you if you had any troubles with this tool? I will probably use it only for mbrscan/mbralign and nfs configuration, so my configuration is not described in their document (they only mention fc/iscsi), so I assume no errors should occur?

What about this SSL connection? is it needed? For what?

and these ports openen during install, can I close them down (20,21,23,80,443)? Will this cause any unexpected problems?

thanks in advance for any answer.

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ablej
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We use it for FC/iSCSI environment for multipathing and HBA queue depth. As you are using NFS I wouldn't install the ESX utilities, since you won't get much out of them. I would just download and install mbrscan/mbralign.

David Strebel

www.holy-vm.com

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful"

David Strebel www.david-strebel.com If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ablej
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We use it for FC/iSCSI environment for multipathing and HBA queue depth. As you are using NFS I wouldn't install the ESX utilities, since you won't get much out of them. I would just download and install mbrscan/mbralign.

David Strebel

www.holy-vm.com

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful"

David Strebel www.david-strebel.com If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful"
0 Kudos
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks - I got similiar answer on netapp forum, and probably this is how I will proceed - copy these files (and also config_nfs) to use them as tools. Rest is indeed not needed.

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos
maxel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is mbralign only useable with NetApp Storage Arrays or with other FC SAN Storage Devices too? Is there a download of this tool without being a NetApp Customer?

0 Kudos