VMware Cloud Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Max IOPS from Equallogic PS6000e

What are the max iops one can expect to get from the from the Equallogic PS6000e?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chuck8773
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How many arrays? What disk subsystem? SATA, SAS, SSD? How many MPIO paths? Is the server connecting directly to the arrays? Or is it going through a VMDK file in ESX? If ESX what version of ESX?

I have much experience with EqualLogic and can give some ideas, but no experience with the 6000 though. The performance should not be much different when looking at disk performance though.

Charles Killmer, VCP

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Charles Killmer, VCP4 If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

the ps6000E model - sata. using for multi-purpose right now but was curious what kind of headroom we had for avg iops on this unit in raid-50 before we would start to see performance deteriorate.

0 Kudos
Chuck8773
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I get about 3000 IOPS with a 2 path MPIO connection. That is also with 5 SATA RAID 50 arrays. I wouldn't expect to get much past that with a single array. You could connect with a 4 path MPIO connection to the array as it has 4 ports, to maximize the throughput.

Charles Killmer, VCP

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Charles Killmer, VCP4 If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
admin
Immortal
Immortal

thanks

0 Kudos