VMware Cloud Community
MHAV
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Life Cycle Policy For VI3

Hey Guys I wonder what you all think about the upcoming end of the General Support for VI3. Support Statement

Do you plan on migrating to vSphere and when do start with it.

Regards

Michael Haverbeck

Regards Michael Haverbeck Check out my blog www.the-virtualizer.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

We're aware of the end of support statements for ESX 3.x environment and as you've tested vSphere 4.0 has been really good for past 3 months without any reverse effects after rigorous testings. I have vSphere roll out to test environment and should be migrate to vSphere within 1-2 months time frame since its been validated and tested. Its a matter of time and collaboration with other business units such as storage, networking, security and dba since they all have direct influence how to re-architect the environment especially using Cisco Nexus 1000V and vShield Zone. I'm seeing migration next 3 months max at this point but working on planning or at least you should play and test it in a lab for sure. I'm sure 3 more months SRM, View and Lab Manager should be ready for primetime with vSphere 4.0 that's our time line.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
MHAV
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How's your experince on NEXUS 1000V and performance like when you have a load load and many VMs on a Host?

Regards

Michael Haverbeck

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Regards Michael Haverbeck Check out my blog www.the-virtualizer.com
0 Kudos