VMware Cloud Community
daniel_uk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Informix DB

Anyone running this in a VM environment?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
acr
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hey Daniel, i double checked with the customer today it was Infomix and the VMs have been running for almost a year (i thought i did it about 6mths ago). All been working fine..

There have arround 150 users.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
acr
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Im fairly certain i did a couple of converstion about 6 mths ago and the backend was an Informix DB..

We had nothing but trouble when trying to do the Servers Live, even if we stopped the various services, the DB always came up corrupt, actually we could never get it started...

Every thing worked great from Cold boot, again it was awhile ago and my memory isnt what it used to be..

Message was edited by:

acr

0 Kudos
kix1979
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I've run into a few customers running Informix in a VM with no issues. I agree with acr, don't convert and do a clean install into the VM for the best success.

Thomas H. Bryant III
0 Kudos
daniel_uk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Cool.

Obviously its dependant on userbase but how does it perform on the IO side of things?

Its a new hosted solution and they want 4 servers in the complete landscape, im thinking of not taking the risk and putting the DB's on Tin first so interested to know your thoughts.

Apparently they DB will be about 200-300GB.

Dan

0 Kudos
acr
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hey Daniel, i double checked with the customer today it was Infomix and the VMs have been running for almost a year (i thought i did it about 6mths ago). All been working fine..

There have arround 150 users.

0 Kudos
daniel_uk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for the input!

I have had zero exposure to informix in the past so this is a great help.

Dan

0 Kudos