I'm working on a little Disaster Recovery project. You can view the VMware environment in this picture:
Vdisk0 and Vdisk1 are mirrored by Symantec Volume Manager.
To have the DR procedure working, I need to:
1) copy vmx files from Storage_A to Storage_B. I have a shell script to do this.
2) Remove any reference to scsi0:0 into the vmx file and rename scsi0:1 to sc0:0, in order to boot the VM from
3) Unregister VM from ESX_1 server. I have a script
4) Register VM to ESX_2 server. I have a script.
My dubts are about the point 2). Which lines refeencing scsi0:0 can I securely remove from vmx ?
Are there any available scripts to do this ? I've tried with sed command but have some trouble.
Thanks in advance
2) Remove any reference to scsi0:0 into the vmx file and rename scsi0:1 to sc0:0, in order to boot the VM from alternate disk.
I assume you meant rename scsi0:1 to scsi0:0...
The sed commands you could use are:
You need to change the existing scsi0:0 to something else (in this case, I just commented out the line & changed it to scsi0:DR - something you could find later to change it back:
Technical Director, Virtualization
VMware Communities User Moderator