VMware Cloud Community
blvsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How TO Configure SMTP to send alert

Hy guys is there a ways to enter a smtp server address so that when there is an alert in VI Client that i receive an email ?

Thanks

Jac

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Petri has a great tutorial hwo to do Alarms & Triggers in ESX in details.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems LLC.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

this can be done in virtual center by clicking on the top tool bar, administration; VirtualCenter Management Configuration. Then go the the mail option and type in your smtp server. Once that is configured, you have some default alarms you can use. You just need to configure them to send email under the actions tab.

hope this helps

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes, there are several ways you can do this. If you have HP Insight Manager you can load and configure the package. But if you want to configure send mail alert here is the script and alter as it goes. Scott Herald wrote it with alternations with other users as well.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems LLC.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
blvsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well my SMTP server is already configure their and im not eceiving anything. I test it with Multi Mail 2.0 and the pc where VirtualCenter server is install and i can receive email. Who send these alert. ESX host or VirtualCenter Server ? Because i have ESAFE here and i need to add the ip address of pc that send SMTP

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

virtual center sends the alerts. Do you have all of your alarms set up with triggers and actions?

0 Kudos
blvsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hmmm i dont think so....How do i set that ?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would go to the top level of your virtual center (Hosts & Clusters level), click on the alarms tab. You should see some default alarms already there under definitions. All you need to do is set up the triggers (which already has a default trigger, but you can change it to whatever you need), then go to the actions tab, click on the add button, and configure your action, in your case, to send a notification e-mail.

azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Petri has a great tutorial hwo to do Alarms & Triggers in ESX in details.

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems LLC.

0 Kudos