VMware Cloud Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Exchange 2007 on Update 2

Has anyone deployed Exchange 2007 on VMware?

Can anyone offer my advise and guidance, did you use RDM with FC or NFS using NetApp?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

I've did several times. And mainly the choice of NFS/RDM/VMFS differs for each customer. Although I must say that I tend to use RDM more often for Exchange. That's due to the fact that you could hot resize an RDM which can be useful for exchange. For performance there might be a slight increase, but it seems to be between 1-5% which is hardly noticeable.

The main choice would be RDM or VMFS, cause if a customer already decided to go for NetApp than NFS would probably be the best option because of all the cool tools and features one could use.

Duncan

Blogging: http://www.yellow-bricks.com

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I can't find any white papers?

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

These are the case studies using Exchange 2007 & VMware/Netapp. If you're already have NetApp Filers in place, NFS is the way to go much more flexiblity and cool features as snapmirror, flex clone, deduplications you know all the rest and very stable solutions as well.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Update - it's not NetApp on this engagement (The next few are phew...) but HP EVA on two site connected via dark fibre (LUN Mirroring) eeek

Well at least you guys are saying what I would recommend.

Cheers

0 Kudos