VMware Cloud Community
BriansVblog
Contributor
Contributor

Exchange 2007 on NFS

Has anyone deployed the Exchange 2007 Mailbox Role on NFS? What are the pros and cons of doing this? What about other Exchange 2007 roles?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

We're running Exchange 2007 on FC SAN so can't help you but I know that NetApp is pretty good with NFS solution especially high end systems like Exchange 2007. You should be able to acquire best practices and case study from NetApp regarding NFS & Exchange 2007 specific. I know you can call they Sales Engineer and they would be happy to walk you to all they have in place. I believe NetApp is the best in NFS solution for ESX environment. What types of NFS systems do you have? What's the network bandwidth? Tell us more about your systems so we can help to decide if it feasible to run NFS on ESX?

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
BriansVblog
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently using NFS on NetApp Filers. One downfall I see is that using NFS you cannot use RDMs, which would be ideal for the DBs and transaction logs. You would otherwise have to put your DBs and transaction logs in .vmdk's.

0 Kudos