VMware Cloud Community
thmadd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Exchange 2007 and FC NetApp

Here's the skinny:

1200+ users; approx. 600 GB mail data; 1 CAS/HTX server & 1 MBX server running EXC 2007 Enterprise on 64 bit server 08. we ahve plenty of hardware and storage for the design. What i have questions about is the vm configfor the mailbox server. i was planning to give the vm 2 vHDD's. 1 vmfs which would contain the OS and such and the 2nd vHDD would be a RDM volume to the FC SAN.

Any thoughts, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I would create seperate drives for log and mailboxes databases between 500GB+ for mailboxes and 100GB for the logs and each environment varies so plan accordingly. Have you check out NetApp & Exchange 2007 on VMware best practices for different scenarios and designs. Here's a quick one to look I'm assuming you're using CCR so plan them carefully to have optimal performance and redundancies.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I would create seperate drives for log and mailboxes databases between 500GB+ for mailboxes and 100GB for the logs and each environment varies so plan accordingly. Have you check out NetApp & Exchange 2007 on VMware best practices for different scenarios and designs. Here's a quick one to look I'm assuming you're using CCR so plan them carefully to have optimal performance and redundancies.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
aaronb123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

great info!

I am in the process of designing a new 2007 implementation.

Any and all info is most welcome.

0 Kudos