VMware Cloud Community
The-Kevster
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX 3.5 ONLINE!

Links not published yet but available. Currently downloading :smileygrin:

> Links removed <

Sorry guys, unless someone from VMware wants to overrule me I removed the links as this is not "Official GA" release.

Don Pomeroy

VMTN Forums User Moderator

Message was edited by: dpomeroy

0 Kudos
61 Replies
tWiZzLeR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm glad this isn't the final version.

I've just setup ESX3.5 to have a look, however it appears the bundled VI 2.5 Client is 32bit only as it refuses to install on 64bit vista.

The VI 2.0.2 Client, which happily installs on 64 bit vista can't talk to ESX 3.5 so it looks like I need to install a 32 bit client to have a look at what has changed.

I agree that you cannot install the VI 2.5 Client on Vista 64-bit as you get the following error: "this product can be installed only on 32-bit operating systems".

I am confused as to why they removed this functionality as the VI 2.0.2 Client installed and ran just fine on 64-bit Vista?!? Does anyone know of a workaround so that I can get this installed on 64-bit Vista?

0 Kudos
chrwei
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thing is, I can't think of a good reason to not allow installation on 64bit systems.

VI client is just a tcp client, it's not like it's interactive with core OS features, and VC is just apache/tomcat/java server and SQL Express, which the 32-bit versions of can each be installed on 64bit Windows.

0 Kudos