VMware Cloud Community
agiordanoLS
Contributor
Contributor

DR Replication Software

What's your preferred software to use for DR replication? Any thoughts or feedback on Veeam and Double-Take?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BruceMcMillan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What about VMware SRM and an associated storage replication adapter?

0 Kudos
SamNAC
Contributor
Contributor

We currently use Veeam in environment and recommend it for our customers as well. It is hands down the most cost effective solution. If you've ever used their free fastSCP software, the backup and replication software takes it to the next level and beyond. VMware's SRM is awesome as well, but requires hardware specific controllers for the backend SAN devices.

0 Kudos
agiordanoLS
Contributor
Contributor

I will be out of the office and returning Tuesday the 22nd. I do have access to e-mail but I may be slower than normal in responding. If you require immediate technical assistance, please e-mail support at support@logicalsolutions.net. Thank you.

0 Kudos
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

This might be a bit of a late response but hopefully you'll find this helpful

Veeam is an awesome product for backup and replication, and also much cheaper and easier to implement than SRM

Veeam Backup and Replication 5.0 is due for release soon, they are only waiting for a pending patent right on a new technology

Also they have joined forces with HyperIP to make WAN replication even faster with WAN acceleration and they also mention with these 2 technologies WAN vMotion will be seamless.

Check this out:

Regards

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

0 Kudos
piaroa
Expert
Expert

+1 for Veeam.

I've used both for full VM backups and for replication, it works pretty good and it's damn fast.

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

I am going to move this post to the strategy forum, you will gain a greater audience for you question.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author on "[VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment|http://www.amazon.co.uk/VMware-VSphere-Virtual-Infrastructure-Security/dp/0137158009/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256146240&sr=1-1]”.

Contributing author on "[VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410|http://www.amazon.co.uk/VMware-Certified-Professional-VSphere-Study/dp/0470569611]”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos