VMware Cloud Community
TIM02210
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring ESXi 5 to report in to HP Systems Insight Manager

I have 4 new ProLiant DL380 G5 servers running ESXi 5 that I want to have reporting in to HP Systems Insight Manger. I have pieced together some of this from various sources as I have not been able to locate any documentation from HP on the subject. So far I have installed the CIM bundle on my first server (hp-esxi5-0uX-bundle-1.0-20.zip) which I got from HP. I copied the zip file to the server and ran:

esxcli software vib install –d /tmp/ hp-esxi5-0uX-bundle-1.0-20.zip.zip

It reported that it installed and that I should re-boot which I did. I them configured HP Systems Insight Manager (version 6.3). I edited the existing Discovery event to include my new server IP addresses and configured the WBEM credentials using the ID “root” and the appropriate password. Then I tried to subscribe to the WBEM events for this server but I cannot. It shows “launch tool – no” with the following details:

This tool cannot run on server as it does not pass the conditions required for running it. WBEM must be greater than or equal to 1.0.

I’m sure I’m missing some steps here but as I said I can’t find a document that outlines the steps to take to make this work. Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (6)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Brookee
Contributor
Contributor

Go here.

Great step by step.

http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Technical-Support-Services-Blog/6-Simple-Steps-to-Monitoring-ESXi-with-...

I did it today and within 30 mintues I was monitoring.

Just load the Offline Bundle.

Install HP SIM.

DO Not do any discovery.

Add the WBEM credentials in step 5, logon credentials for Vsphere Vclient to manage VMware

Now do the discovery.

All done.

For what it is worth the VEEAM free monitor does it better it think.  Easier to isntall and configure.

0 Kudos